Full profile of Dr. Md. Shafiqul Bari
Dr. Md. Shafiqul Bari
Department of Agroforestry And Environment (AGF)
Faculty of Agriculture
Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science & Technology University, Dinajpur.
- Conduct bachelor and master’s course as an academician/ course tutor. Supervise master’s students. Conduct different research project. Provide training as a resource person to different GO and NGOs organizations. Participate in different meeting of the departmental as well as administrative. Give Consultation services to different GO and NGOs organizations.
- I have started my research on the impact of different soil nutrient and other intercultural management on different crops like potao, banana, rice etc. during 1996 to 2002 at BAU, Mymensingh and Agricultural College, Dinajpur, Bangladesh. Then I have done a lot of research on agricultural land use systems during the period of 2003 to 2009, at HSTU, Bangladesh. My research was primarily into the evaluation of different Agroforestry practices as a sustainable land use systems. Then from 2010 to till now, I am researching on environmental impacts on ecosystems and Biota. Now a day, I am also working on the impact of climate change on agricultural productivity and livelihood security. I have assessed the impact of environmental pollutants on ecology in both Sweden and Vietnam. I have also researched on the impact of air pollutant using different modeling approaches in England. I have worked extensively on the elevated ground level ozone (O3) impacts on the vegetation at the laboratory of Ecology and Environmental Sciences, Athens, Greece. I have also assessed carbon sequestration potentiality of some important Agroforestry multipurpose tree species. I have published nearly 45 scientific articles in various scientific journals at national as well as international level. Further, I have presented various papers in international/national and local seminars, symposia, conferences, workshop etc. I have also written various popular articles related to Agroforestry and Environmental issues in local language.
My current research interests include:
1. The impact of climate change on biota at the individual level and on the ecosystem as a whole.
2. The impact of different pollutant like mining pollutant, Industrial pollutant and Brick field pollutant
3. Modeling of air pollutant in the catchment of Bangladesh agriculture and ecosystems.
Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science and Technology University, Dinajpur, Bangladesh
December 12, 2011 to Present